If your Maytag refrigerator is not dispensing water, it may be time to replace the water filter. Replacing the water filter in a Maytag refrigerator is a fairly simple process, and can be done in a few steps. Before you begin, make sure you have the correct water filter for your refrigerator and that it is compatible with your model. Once you have the correct filter, follow these steps to replace it:
How To Replace Water Filter In Maytag Refrigerator
1. Locate the water filter. Most Maytag refrigerators have a water filter located in the back upper right corner of the refrigerator.
2. Turn off the water supply. Before attempting to replace the water filter, turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
3. Unscrew the old filter. Unscrew the old filter by turning it counterclockwise.
4. Remove the old filter. Pull the old filter out of the refrigerator.
5. Insert the new filter. Insert the new filter into the refrigerator and turn it clockwise to secure it in place.
6. Turn on the water supply. Turn the water supply back on and check for any leaks.
7. Reset the filter indicator. Most Maytag refrigerators have an indicator light that needs to be reset after the filter is changed. Refer to your owner’s manual for instructions on how to reset the indicator light.
In conclusion, replacing the water filter in a Maytag refrigerator is a relatively simple process. First, locate the filter compartment in the back of the refrigerator, then open the filter compartment door. Next, remove the old filter by twisting it counter-clockwise and then discard it. Finally, insert the new filter and twist it clockwise until it is securely in place. After the filter has been replaced, run water through it for several minutes to flush out any air bubbles. Once this is done, the filter is ready to use and your Maytag refrigerator will be providing you with clean, filtered water.