Replacing the defrost timer on a Whirlpool refrigerator is a relatively simple task that can be completed in a few steps. The defrost timer is located behind the refrigerator’s control panel and can be replaced without having to remove the refrigerator from the wall. Before beginning, it is important to make sure the refrigerator is unplugged and the power is off. Once the power is off, you can begin the process of replacing the defrost timer.
How To Replace Defrost Timer On Whirlpool Refrigerator
1. Unplug the refrigerator from the wall outlet.
2. Remove the lower back panel of the refrigerator to access the defrost timer.
3. Disconnect the wires from the defrost timer.
4. Remove the defrost timer from the refrigerator.
5. Install the new defrost timer in the same location.
6. Reconnect the wires to the new defrost timer.
7. Replace the lower back panel.
8. Plug the refrigerator back into the wall outlet.
Replacing the defrost timer on a Whirlpool refrigerator is a relatively simple process. With the right tools and a few basic steps, you can easily replace the timer and get your refrigerator running again. First, you need to locate the defrost timer, unplug the refrigerator, and remove the access panel. Then, you can remove the old timer, install the new timer, and reconnect the wiring. Finally, you can replace the access panel, plug in the refrigerator, and test the new timer. With a few simple steps, you can have your refrigerator running again in no time.