If your Whirlpool washer agitator isn’t working properly, don’t despair! This is a relatively simple repair that you can do yourself. All you need is a few basic tools and a few minutes of your time. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps of how to fix a Whirlpool washer agitator. So let’s get started!
How To Fix Whirlpool Washer Agitator
1. Unplug the washer from the wall outlet.
2. Remove the agitator cap from the top of the agitator by unscrewing the two screws.
3. Remove the agitator from the washer by pulling it straight up.
4. Check the agitator for any signs of damage or wear. If necessary, replace the agitator with a new one.
5. Place the agitator back into the washer and secure it with the two screws.
6. Plug the washer back into the wall outlet and test the agitator to make sure it is working properly.
The best way to fix a Whirlpool washer agitator is to first check the drive block and drive block coupler to ensure that they are not broken or worn out. If they are, they should be replaced. If the drive block and coupler are in good condition, then the agitator should be removed and the agitator dogs should be inspected and replaced if necessary. Finally, the agitator should be reinstalled and the washer should be tested to ensure that it is working properly. Following these steps should help to fix a Whirlpool washer agitator.